Lawrence Rinder (above), director of the Berkeley Art Museum, recently shared some of his favorite East Bay haunts with the Chronicle.
Here’s his list:
- Vietnamese restaurant Le Petit Cheval on Bancroft
- Alley’s piano bar on Grand Avenue
- Italian bar Adesso on Piedmont Avenue
- Eco Home Improvement on San Pablo
- “Funky” arts venue 21 Grand in Oakland
- Creative Growth in Oakland
- Lacis, Berkeley’s lace museum (who knew?).
- Albany Bulb, “a wild and woolly old dump site” which Berkeleyside’s Mark Haas wrote about here.
- UC Botanical Garden
Read why he loves these places in the Chronicle story here.